Language policy for students and staff applying for outgoing mobility
The language policy of the “College of Vocational Education is based on the belief that mobility participants need to have a suitable knowledge of English in order to be able to proficiently participate and perform during their mobility. The “College of Vocational Education ensures that outgoing mobile participants are properly prepared from a linguistic point. The requirement for a successful mobility experience is an English language level of B2 or C1. We have language courses as part of the study programs. If the student’s grades in these courses are 8, 9 or 10 (corresponding to C, B, A), this is taken as likely confirmation that the student’s language skill is at least B2 level.
Important: Part of the application process for an Erasmus+ mobility is a language exam organized by the foreign language professor at our School.
Also part of the mobility application process is that mobile students have to take the language courses in the online language support tool offered by the National Agency.
“College of Vocational Education welcomes exchange students who are interested in spending a semester studying in Serbia, with the opportunity to make new friends and get to know our country and its culture
Interested candidates should send their application to the Office for International Cooperation:
- Report with a transcript of the record from their sending institution
- Biography, cover letter and letter of recommendation
- Certificate of English language proficiency at level B2 (if they have passed the English course exam at the home university, a letter from an English language teacher is accepted) (if applicable)
- Draft learning agreement signed by an authorized person and stamped by the sending institution.
“College of Vocational Education students will be happy to help incoming students with any questions as they prepare for the exchange, get to know them when they arrive, help them settle in and tour. “College of Vocational Education will contact incoming students with our students and organize a Welcome Week at the beginning of each semester, including a tour of Subotica and Palić.
“College of Vocational Education is pleased to host teaching and non-teaching staff of partner higher education institutions for a period of one week. Staff wishing to visit “College of Vocational Education should send to the Office for International Cooperation:
- Biography with cover letter
- Employment certificate and English language proficiency certificate level B2 (if applicable)
- Teaching staff should submit a plan of lectures and their topics for 8 hours, and non-teaching staff a training plan.